Community

The Ark Animal Rescue and Adoption

Audio Article
Four legs, a lick, and a wag

Dear Friends, I am trying to figure out something here. My town mom has a niece who has a rabbit. So that rabbit would be a great nephew to me? Or would he be a step nephew? Or golly sakes, it is too dif­ficult. I will just say he is a good friend that belongs to my town mom’s niece. […]

32nd annual Westview Academic Awards held

Audio Article

In the interest of rec­ognizing academic ex­cellence, Westview High School is in their 32nd year promoting an incen­tive program that provides students the opportunity to earn specially designed academic blankets, stars, and rings. Eighty-seven West­view scholars were recently honored be­tween the JV and varsity Wawasee vs. Westview basketball games in the high school gym. Twenty-six sopho­mores have established a GPA […]

ON TARGET-

Audio Article

Congratulations to Lex Thompson on qualifying for the Indiana NASP State Tournament in both the Bulls­eye and 3D categories. Lex, an eighth grad­er at Westview Jr-Sr High School, scored 276/300 for Bullseye and 264/300 in 3D. He will be competing at the State Fairgrounds on March 9. NASP stands for National Archery in the Schools Program. During the season, archers […]

The Ark Animal Rescue and Adoption

Audio Article
Four legs, a lick, and a wag

Dear Friends, Her name is Josie. She was picked up as a stray. I was a stray and I know what that means. I have had way too many friends picked up as strays and this is what happens. They are taken to Ark. That is not all bad as Ark is very careful and kind during the whole mess. […]

Calendar

Audio Article

Thursday, March 7 Friends of the Li­brary Book Sale, Tope­ka Branch Library, 133 N. Main St., Topeka, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. for Friends of the Library members only, 2-6 p.m. for public. Continues 11 a.m.-6 p.m. March 8 and 9 a.m.-1 p.m. March 9. Thousands of used books, DVDs and audiobooks. Friends of the Library member­ships can be renewed or purchased […]

Briefs

Audio Article

Blessing Box avail­able Daughters of Mary of St. Joseph Catho­lic Church (located at the edge of LaGrange on U.S. 20 East) have a blessing box of non-per­ishable food to anyone in need of a “helping hand.” The box is located on the south side of the parking lot at the church and is available 24 hours a day. Please take […]

Soil & Water Conservation Districts to hold annual meeting

Audio Article

The LaGrange and Steuben County Soil & Water Conservation Dis­tricts are holding a joint annual meeting this year and would like to extend an invitation to the public to this event. The meeting will be held on Thursday evening, March 14, 2024, at the Stroh Church of Christ, located at 4540 S 1100 W, Hudson, Indiana, 46747. A free evening […]

March 2024 events at the LaGrange County Public Library System

Audio Article

Here are the events coming up in March at the LaGrange County Public Library and its branches in Shipshewana and Topeka. For more information and latest updates, go to www.lagrange.lib.in.us. All LaGrange Co. Public Library locations will be CLOSED Friday, March 29, in observance of Good Friday. Loose Ends LaGrange: Fridays, January thru March, 10-11 a.m. Bring a craft project […]

Looking Back Through The Years

Audio Article

25 years ago February 24, 1999 Honoring a champi­on Prairie Heights senior Aaron Ramey had the weekend of his life this past Friday and Saturday at the IHSAA Wrestling Meet in Indianapolis, as he won the 215-pound di­vision championship, the first state title ever won by a Prairie Heights grappler. Ramey stood atop the victory stand surrounded by his conquered […]

Early Childhood Educator Award winner announced

Audio Article

Thrive by 5 is excited to announce that Stepha­nie Sanders of Ruth Stul­tz Preschool in Ligonier is our latest Outstanding Early Childhood Educa­tor! Stephanie received several glowing rec­ommendations during the nomination process, which included: • “She is so positive and uplifting. She’s al­ways helpful, and always has great ideas. She is al­ways helping others and does it with no questions […]

Category Pages are limited to 90 days. Please use the archive page or the search box to find older articles.